Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Marine Corps Marathon

Something that I cannot express enough is the connection and the joy I get form that connection that I share with my family now that I am sober and I can more mentally and physically be there for them. I made a huge decision to register for the Marine Corps Marathon, mainly because my oldest sister has gotten into running halves and full marathons the past couple years. Running used to be something I was good at and enjoyed doing, running on the track and cross country teams in high school and during the first year and a half I attended Saint Francis University, receiving an athletic scholarship that I had taken away as a result of my drinking. The fact that I can now make better decisions about the well being of myself I can go out and have that enjoyment back. My sister and I both plan to run the Marine Corps Marathon TOGETHER, and finish TOGETHER. Something I never would in my lifetime would think would happen, let alone getting back into running! I'ts a very exciting thing for me and I couldn't be happier about where my life is now and where it is going. I will running for Team Inheritance of Hope, they help to raise money for families who have lost one or both parents. Included in today's post is a link to my page for the Marathon and some information on the Team I will be running for.

No matter where you have been, what you have done, you can always change your future. I am, and so are many or other people, living proof of that. All you have to do is have a little faith and hope!

I'm grateful for all of you readers for taking the time out of your day to read and share my experiences with me! :)

Marine Corps Marathon


No comments:

Post a Comment