Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Noticing a rut...

Even though the sun is shining, school is coming to a close, good things are happening, sometimes it's difficult to feel excited still. Why do we get into these ruts? Who knows. How do you get out of them? Do positive things for yourself, even when you don't want to.

My internship is coming up in a month, I'm getting an alcohol detection bracelet off soon, and I'm still feeling blah. I have to keep myself busy, with class work, going to the gym, actual work, cleaning, anything and everything possible. It helps to keep me on the right path to staying positive. I might not get out of my rut right away but it helps. 

These moments in time it does make me want to be able to go out and drink, because I live in a town where most of the things people do for fun is go to the bar, or have gatherings where drinking is the main focus. It's hard to want to participate in those things and not drink or not want to drink. It's a hard time, and I like to think I have certain tools to get me through these times.


No comments:

Post a Comment