Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Friends, real or fake?

When you quit drinking, you take everything that comes along with it. Which includes losing friends, many and few. You do a lot of sitting around, alone, because the friends you thought you had are still out at the bars drinking every night, not wanting to just spend time inside watching a movie or playing a game. You have to find out what you like again, you have to find all new friends, create new special bonds with people you don't know. It's a difficult process, I am still trying to figure it out, it makes me feel very sad and depressed, thinking I don't have any friends, or am I reaching out to all the wrong people? The weather is nice out and I want to be out doing things, not stuck in my apartment, so how do I find those people who want to do those things with me? It's a question I keep asking myself. I attend school and work at my job most days, if not one the other, every day of the week. It's draining and discouraging that I don't have time to find these new friends and new hobbies, to feel happier in life. I don't want to feel like I have to start drinking again just to fit in again. It's how it all started and I don't want to go back to that place. If anyone is reading and has any advice for me, please I am open to ANY suggestions. I hope that you all are enjoying my blog and I appreciate everyone for reading. It's been fun putting my "stuff" out there and maybe helping other people, or just simply letting others know that they aren't alone in their feelings!!!

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment