Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Sun is shining!!

As the weather is getting nicer out, FINALLY, I'm surrounded by people hanging out outside, drinking!! Living in a college town during the nice weather months is challenging. It's what I used to do, sun was shining, the weather was warm, and I would be somewhere, with someone, outside, drinking. How do I fill my time this year without struggling and wanting to fall back into my old ways?! This is my first year, free, and sober, this gives me the opportunity to get back to things that used to make me happy. Softball, running, biking, basically anything outdoors. My mind is clear and my motivation has a different path so I can choose to do those things sober and enjoy them more. I have to keep myself in check though and I'm lucky that I also live somewhere that meetings are so widely available; I have to keep myself disciplined enough to utilize those meetings as well! Warm weather doesn't have to equal drinking anymore, it can equal enjoying activities that can better my health and give me a natural "high"/"buzz" and I couldn't be more excited.




No comments:

Post a Comment